Now that you’ve synced your favorite photos to your Apple Watch, why not create a custom watch face using some of them? It’s quick and easy, here’s how.
Making a Custom Watch Face for the Apple Watch
- We’re assuming you’ve synced your favorite photos from your iPhone to your Apple Watch. If you haven’t, click here to learn how to do it. We’ll wait for you… Got it? Good.
- Open the Photos app on the Apple Watch. (The icon looks similar to the Photos app icon on your iPhone.)
- Find the photo you’d like to use for a watch face, and view it on your Watch.
- Using 3D Touch, hard press on the photo while it’s displaying on the screen.
- You’ll see “Create Watch Face” appear on the screen. Tap it.
- The custom watch face will be immediately created, and will set itself as your new Apple Watch face.
It doesn’t get much easier than that, does it?
You can also hard press on any watch face, which will allow you to access all of the available watch faces on your Watch. Swipe left or right until you find the face marked “PHOTO ALBUM.” Tap that to select it, and now every time you view your watch face, the photo will be different. This option cycles through all of the photos in your Watch’s photo album, making this option perfect for those who don’t want to play favorites among family members, superheroes, or space sloths.