Get on the fast track to becoming a database pro with the Essential Data Mastery Bundle. 7 courses, with 36+ hours of instruction will tech you what you need to know to extract, manipulate, manage, and analyze data.
Projects in MongoDB: Learn MongoDB Building 10 Projects – Explore the World’s Most Popular Cross Platform NoSQL Database
MongoDB has quickly become one of the most popular NoSQL database solutions available, and will quickly enhance your ability to handle data with ease. With a document-based approach, MongoDB lets professionals model data however they prefer. While MySQL limits modeling to rows and columns, MongoDB is much more flexible, allowing developers to use a familiar programming language like Ruby, and a JSON format. What does this mean? Faster and more intuitive storage of data.
- Utilize MongoDB to manage data more efficiently w/ over 67 lectures & 12 hours of content
- Develop quickly w/ a document-based approach
- Study best practices for NoSQL development
- Get querying capabilities w/ the flexibility of storing data in an intuitive manner
Learning SQL, MySQL & Databases Is Easy – Manipulate Data Like the Pros & Build Better Technology
Knowledge of SQL is an invaluable asset that can set you up for any tech-based career from web design to data analysis to quality assurance. Learn to store and manipulate data on multiple database systems from MySQL to Oracle for your own personal development, to start a new business, or to get a leg up on your coworker. You’ll be a competent database designer and query writer after watching these lectures.
- Become a competent database designer & query writer w/ 57 lectures & 4 hours of content
- Manipulate MySQL, SQL Server, Access, Oracle, Sybase, DB2 & other database systems w/ SQL
- Master MySQL queries w/ an instructor that has managed databases at large companies
- Advance your career w/ knowledge of databases
- Add a valuable notch on your résumé when you complete the course
SQL Server Fast Track for Novices: Tables – The All-in-One Primer for Getting Up To Speed on SQL Server Database Tables
So you have a basic understanding of SQL, but you’re ready to take your skills to the next level? This in-depth course is the perfect place to start. Get up to speed on proper table design, creation, scripting, and management, and start executing simple TSQL statements. With real world examples of Stored Procedures, you’ll understand the importance of production database development in your industry and beyond.
- Take your SQL skills to the next level w/ over 37 lectures & 2 hours of content
- Design, build, manage & maintain a wide variety of database tables
- Learn to streamline functions like INSERT, UPDATE & DELETE
- Access real world examples
- Download included Stored Procedures
- View several code examples of simultaneous techniques in action
- Learn how mastering SQL Server can boost your career
Taming Big Data with MapReduce & Hadoop – Analyze Large Amounts of Data w/ Today’s Top Big Data Technologies
Big data is hot, and data management and analytics skills are your ticket to a fast-growing, lucrative career. This course will quickly teach you two technologies fundamental to big data: MapReduce and Hadoop. Learn and master the art of framing data analysis problems as MapReduce problems with over 10 hands-on examples. Write, analyze, and run real code along with the instructor– both on your own system, and in the cloud using Amazon’s Elastic MapReduce service. By course’s end, you’ll have a solid grasp of data management concepts.
- Learn the concepts of MapReduce to analyze big sets of data w/ over 56 lectures & 5.5 hours of content
- Run MapReduce jobs quickly using Python & MRJob
- Translate complex analysis problems into multi-stage MapReduce jobs
- Scale up to larger data sets using Amazon’s Elastic MapReduce service
- Understand how Hadoop distributes MapReduce across computing clusters
- Complete projects to get hands-on experience: analyze social media data, movie ratings & more
- Learn about other Hadoop technologies, like Hive, Pig & Spark
Collect, Extract & Use Online Data Quickly and More Easily – Save Time & Advance Your Career with Data Management Skills
Once you’ve got the data basics down, it’s time you learn to extract the data you need, when you need it. Learn how with Kathleen Farley’s course, which takes you through hands-on exercises and real world examples. With 13 short tutorials that teach you a variety of data extraction methods, you’ll be able to efficiently collect useful information in the correct formats with the best tools available.
- Study a variety of data extraction methods w/ 13 lectures & 1.5 hours of content
- Take screenshots & PDFs of any website
- Use OCR to extract text from scanned documents or images
- Quickly take text from website to spreadsheet
- Create organized tables from web data
- Take advantage of relational databases by collecting the data you need
- Automate online data retrieval tasks without writing code
- Collect & extract data in the formats you need
- Access course material when you want a refresher w/ lifetime access
Beginner’s Guide to PostgreSQL – Nail Down the Basics of Database Concepts on Your Road to PostgreSQL Enlightenment
With an ever-increasing focus on big data and cloud-based initiatives, it’s time you learn to work effectively with data. Start the route to PostgreSQL expertise with this extremely approachable beginner’s guide. You’ll learn basic database concepts like creating tables and manipulating data—a great baseline to use with any modern database systems—before moving on to using the open-source relational database PostgreSQL. You’ll get all the nitty-gritty on what SQL is, and how to use it in real world applications.
- Gain an understanding of database concepts w/ 70 lectures & 6 hours of instruction
- Learn the written language used to communicate w/ databases
- Get a step-by-step look at how a database is structured
- Learn how to install PostgreSQL
- Insert & manipulate data w/ PostgresSQL
- Write SQL queries
- Get an introduction to data w/ an approachable class meant for all levels
MySQL Database Training for Beginners – Design & Administer a MySQL Database from Scratch
MySQL is an incredibly popular database solution utilized by companies worldwide – and mastering it is beneficial to anyone in the tech industry. Beginning with the fundamentals, this course will teach you to design and administer a database with practical lectures.
- Master MySQL w/ over 41 lectures & 5.5 hours of content
- Install MySQL & study the architecture
- Discover critical concepts for designing a database
- Administer a database by limiting access, creating users, performing database backup & monitoring performance
- Learn SQL for developers, database replication, data encryption & more
- Use indexing for database performance
- Understand query analysis & optimization