Apple has begun offering Day One 2, the popular iOS journaling app, for few via their Apple Store app. The app normally goes for $4.99 on the App Store, and that’s how much you’ll end up paying, if you don’t pay attention to how to get it as a freebie. So pay attention, there might be a quiz later.
To grab Day One 2 for free, do the following:
- Download the Apple Store app, if you don’t already have it installed, and then open it up.
- Scroll down on the opening screen, and tap on the Day One 2 banner.
- Read the terms and conditions, if that’s how you roll.
- Tap on the green “Download now for Free” banner.
- Sign into your iTunes account, if requested, and tap on “Redeem.”
- The app will begin installing, and soon you will be putting your deepest and most precious thoughts down on digital paper.
Remember, you have to go through the Apple Store app to pull this off, don’t try going directly to the app in the App Store. Unless you just really enjoy paying $4.99 for something you can get for free.