It’s a good week for Apple Pay, as earlier this week it was announced the contactless payments service had expanded to Singapore, via a partnership with American Express. Now comes the news that 59 new U.S. banks and credit unions have begun offering Apple Pay to their customers.
Tuesdays new additions brings the total number of financial institutions offering Apple Pay to their customers up to 1,199.
The new banks and credit unions include:
- Access Federal Credit Union
- Alcoa Tenn Federal Credit Union
- Audubon Savings Bank
- Bank of Stockton
- Barrington Bank & Trust Company N.A.
- Beverly Bank & Trust Company N.A.
- Champlain National Bank
- Community Trust Bank
- Connected Credit Union
- Country Club Bank
- Crystal Lake Bank & Trust Company N.A.
- Englewood Bank & Trust
- Financial Horizons Credit Union
- Financial Plus Credit Union
- First & Farmers National Bank
- First Enterprise Bank
- First Metro Bank
- First National Bank of Chadron
- First State Bank
- First State Bank of Porter
- FirstCapital Bank of Texas N.A.
- Frontier Community Credit Union
- General Electric Credit Union
- Georgia’s Own Credit Union
- Greenville Federal Credit Union
- Hinsdale Bank & Trust Company
- Journey Federal Credit Union
- Kentucky Employees Credit Union
- Lake Forest Bank & Trust Company
- Libertyville Bank & Trust Company
- Metropolitan Bank
- Midwest Bank
- Mutual Security Credit Union
- National JACL Credit Union
- North Iowa Community Credit Union
- Ohio HealthCare Federal Credit Union
- Old Plank Trail Community Bank N.A.
- Orange County’s Credit Union
- Otis Federal Credit Union
- Pacific Postal Credit Union
- Picatinny Federal Credit Union
- PNC/BNY Mellon-Fidelity
- PrimeTrust Financial Federal Credit Union
- Queensborough National Bank & Trust Company
- Schaumburg Bank & Trust Company N.A.
- SouthWest Bank
- St. Charles Bank & Trust Company
- State Bank of Cross Plains
- State Bank of the Lakes
- Stock Yards Bank & Trust
- Town Bank
- Union Savings Bank
- Union State Bank of Fargo
- United Bank of Michigan
- University Credit Union
- University Credit Union
- Village Bank & Trust
- Wheaton Bank & Trust Company
- Wintrust Bank
To view a up-to-date list of participating banks and credit unions, click here.
If your bank or credit union is on today’s list, and you want to add your credit or debit card to Apple Pay, just do the following: iPhone users running iOS 9 can go to the Wallet app and tap the “+” icon in the upper right-hand corner to begin, and then just follow the prompts. Users of iPads with Touch ID can add a card to the service to use in apps by going into “Settings” -> “Wallet & Apple Pay” to add a card there.
Apple Watch users will need to enter the Watch app on their iPhone, Tap on the “Wallet & Apple Pay” option, and then tap the “Add Credit or Debit Card” option.
(List via AppleInsider)