Companies that would like to offer potential customers, and their own road warriors, the opportunity to view their web-based content no matter where they are, might want to take a look at Offline Kiosk for the iPad. The new app from Codium Labs offers the ability to convert an existing website into a self-contained package, containing all of the website’s content.
Offline Kiosk will grab virtually everything from a website, including: all pages, graphics, audio, video, and other information, and package it to be accessed offline. Simply select the website you want to package, tap the “Download” button, and when the download is complete, tap the “Start” button to launch the new kiosk.
- Create offline kiosks from existing websites in minutes, no coding required
- Support for WordPress, including custom themes and most plugins
- Support for most popular web products and frameworks
- Support for new products can be added using a developer API
- Automatically saves HTML5 video and audio from supported hosting providers
- Capacity to download up to 50,000 pages per kiosk
- True fullscreen mode, offering a securely locked down view, with no controls exposed
- Support for Guided Access prevents users from switching to other apps
- Support for most common file types, including PDF and Office documents
- Website can be automatically updated in the background
- Content can be updated via scheduled updates, or remotely via push notification
- Sharing or emailing kiosk settings makes for easy mass deployment
- The ability to import and export downloaded kiosks
- The ability to import websites that are stored locally on Mac or PC
- Sync with secure websites that require login and password (with an in-app purchase)
- Accept sign-up forms or surveys both online and offline (with an in-app purchase)
If users wish to offer a true “kiosk” version of their content, made available for unsupervised access; such as at a museum, trade show, or in-store display, Offline Kiosk also offers a number of options to “lock-down” access by users, including the ability to prevent users from exiting kiosk mode. The app also allows them to decide whether to allow online browsing, email, printing, or updating, and more. The app can also prevent the iPad from going to sleep, ensuring the kiosk is always available for use.
Offline Kiosk 1.0 for the iPad is $29.99, and is available in the App Store. [GET IT HERE]