You may recall earlier this month, we reviewed a great little educational game called Zap Zap Math. We gave it four stars due to its colorful and entertaining way of enticing kids to work on math problems. Now, developer Visual Math Interactive has updated the app, and we thought we’d see what they’ve added.
What’s New in Version 2.2.0
Introducing the next level of Zap Zap Math!
- Brand new menu system
- Easy navigation between grades
- More than 30 new games across K-6
- Switching between multiple profiles
- Fully Localized in Spanish and Malay
- Game loads faster right now
- Games are divided into four skills: basics, accuracy, speed, and higher order thinking
- Works offline
The new version splits each grade level’s math topics into four progressive skills, structured to allow children to delve deeper into their comprehension of math.
- TRAINING: Repeated math practices for inculcating a better math foundation and retention of new concepts.
- ACCURACY: Math comprehension, fine tuned! Here, players must practice answering as many math questions correctly in order to make it to the next level.
- SPEED: What’s accuracy without speed? Children are challenged to both answer questions accurately and beat the clock while they’re at it!
- MISSION: Here’s where things get HOT! As in where kids’ Higher Order Thinking Skills are challenged with conceptually more creative math puzzles. Kids are given a variety of space missions like solving math puzzles, challenging space sages, etc.
Zap Zap Math now offers 4 skills per math subtopic, 3 different games per skill, and 5 difficulty levels per game, so it should take awhile before your child begins to get bored. Plus, new games will be released for the app every month!
One feature we particularly liked in the version we reviewed, was the handy online dashboard parents and teachers could use to track their child’s performance, removing the need to continually look over the child’s shoulder to monitor their progress. That feature is still available, offering parents and teachers an overall math “health check,” as well as the ability to see which subject kids need more help on.
If you’ve already downloaded Zap Zap Math, you’ll definitely want to update the app to version 2.2. And if you haven’t downloaded it, go ahead and give it a try. Its free, so the only thing it will cost you is a bit of time.
Zap Zap Match 2.2 is free, and is available for iOS devices in the App Store. [GET IT HERE]