The same folks that brought us Movie Genius, the comprehensive guide for movie lovers, have brought the same technology to television viewing. Independent developer Renniksoft recently released Telly Genius 1.2, their viewing recommendation app for iOS devices.
“When we released Movie Genius, it was extremely well received by movie fans everywhere. The app offered moviegoers the fastest, most reliable, and most comprehensive way for them to find just the right movie to watch,” says app developer Clive Skinner. “One of the most common requests we received from users was for us to take the same technology and apply it to television shows. Never let it be said we don’t listen to our customers!”
Telly Genius offer a recommendation engine to allow viewers to discover any of the thousands of television shows shown on the major networks and cable channels. The app allows users to select the shows they like and don’t like, then uses those selections to offer show recommendations.
Ratings Controls for Younger Viewers
The app goes through the available series and specials available on the tube, and then suggests shows that offer similar subject matter. Parents can control which television shows will be recommended to young viewers via a filter that uses the standard TV ratings of: TV-Y, TV-G, TV-PG, TV-14, and TV-MA.
App Features Include:
- Intelligent recommendations based on matching themes and plots
- The app learns a user’s likes and dislikes. The more you use it, the smarter it gets
- Quickly search for favorite shows to rate, and Telly Genius will find similar shows
- Save personal lists of shows to discover and see
- Get all the latest TV news, right in the app
- See which shows are currently airing
- Discover the most popular shows of the moment
- View TV show trailers and clips with just a tap
- IMDb – Link straight through to IMDb pages
- View show cast and crew lists, pictures and biographies
- Share your show recommendations with friends and family via Twitter, Facebook, or email