Apple retail employees learned via an “all-hands” meeting this weekend that the Cupertino firm is introducing major new changes, creating new positions, while renaming others. The retail devision also has a new credo.
MacRumors reports Apple is debuting three new retail positions in the U.S. and UK, and possibly other countries. The new positions include two new pro-level positions, and a new Technical Expert position.
• Pro: A new sales position above Expert. These employees are considered the most knowledgable about Apple products and services.
• Creative Pro: A new learning position above Creative. These employees are considered the most knowledgable about Apple products and services.
• Technical Expert: An all-new customer support position in between Technical Specialist and Genius. These employees will be able to provide mobile repairs, a task previously limited to Geniuses, and troubleshooting for software and products like the Apple Watch and Apple TV. The position will help reduce Genius Bar/Grove and service wait times.
As part of the shakeup, Apple is also renaming several of its retail positions:
- Red Zone Specialist, becomes: Specialist
- Family Room Specialist, becomes: Technical Specialist
- Business Specialist, becomes: Business Expert
- Back-of-House Specialist, becomes: Operations Specialist
- Inventory Specialist, becomes: Operations Pro
Other changes include renaming Back-of-House to Backstage, where the Inventory and Operations teams work, and the Red Zone, (sales floor), is now called the Product Zone.
Apple Retail also now has a new credo:
We are here to enrich lives.
To help dreamers become doers,
to help passion expand human potential,
to do the best work of our lives.
AT OUR BEST
We give more than we take.
From the planet,
to the person beside us.
We become a place to belong
where everyone is welcome.
We draw strength from our differences.
From background and perspective
to collaboration and debate.
We are open.
We redefine expectations.
First for ourselves, then for the world.
Because we’re a little crazy.
Because “good enough” isn’t.
Because what we do says who we are.
We find courage.
To try and to fail,
to learn and to grow,
to figure out what’s next,
to imagine the unimaginable,
to do it all over again tomorrow.
AT OUR CORE
We believe our soul is our people.
People who recognize themselves
in each other.
People who shine a spotlight
only to stand outside it.
People who work to leave this world better than they found it.
People who live to enrich lives.
Apple also told employees that it now has over 30 retail locations based on its new design language.