Apple unveiled the Apple Watch Series 2 at today’s big media event, and along with the new device, also announced two new “editions” of the popular smartwatch. Meet the Apple Watch Nike+ and the new styles and colors of the Apple Watch Hermès.
Apple Watch Nike+
The Apple Watch Nike+ offers the same new features as the Apple Watch Series 2, including a built-in GPS, brighter display, better waterproofing, and improved processor and GPU. However, it also offers some special “Nike+ Only” features.
The Nike Sport band is created from the same flexible fluoroelastomer as the original Apple Watch Sport Band, but it is perforated for better ventilation and sweat management. The band is available in four, flashy two-tone color combination, that make it unique to the Nike+ model.
The Apple Watch Nike+ also offers two exclusive watch faces that can easily be personalized with useful apps like Activity Rings, Heart Rate, Stopwatch and Weather, helping runners stay informed at a glance.
Apple Watch Nike+ takes advantage of the unique capabilities of Apple Watch Series 2 and the Nike+ Run Club app to be the perfect running partner on your wrist. The app experience is seamlessly built into Apple Watch Nike+ and easily accessed right from the watch face, so users can get going with a quick tap. The Nike+ Run Club app offers daily motivation through smart run reminders, challenges from friends and even alerts informing when the weather is right to get outside. Training data, including pace, distance and heart rate are available at a glance, and through shared run summaries, the app promotes friendly competition, even allowing users to send fist bumps to each other right from the wrist.
Pricing and Availability
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in two different aluminum case sizes, 38 mm and 42 mm and pairs with four exclusive Nike Sport Band color combinations including Black/Volt, Black/Cool Gray, Flat Silver/White and Flat Silver/Volt.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available in 38 mm at $369 (US) and in 42mm at $399 (US) from Apple.com, Nike.com, Apple Stores, select Nike retail stores, select Apple Authorized Resellers and select specialty stores and department stores.
- Apple Watch Nike+ will be available to order on Apple.com beginning Friday, September 9, with availability in late October, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, Costa Rica, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK and the US.
Apple Watch Hermès New Styles & Colors
Apple is expanding the popular Apple Watch Hermès collection with a new style — the Double Buckle Cuff in Swift and Epsom calfskin leathers, inspired by an archetypal Hermès sandal design by Pierre Hardy, creative director of Hermès shoes and jewelry, available in new colors including Rose Jaipur, Étoupe and Bleu Agate.
The new Single Tour Deployment Buckle band is a reimagined take on a classic form, pairing the elemental simplicity of Hermès Barenia calfskin leather with the modernity of an Hermès hidden deployment buckle, which opens with a click of two side buttons. The classic Double Tour and Single Tour styles continue for fall in refreshed colors including Anemone.
Pricing & Availability
- Apple Watch Hermès is available in two different case sizes, 38 mm and 42 mm. The 38 mm Single Tour is $1149 (US); 42 mm Single Tour is $1199 (US); 38 mm Double Tour is $1299 (US); 42 mm Single Tour Deployment Buckle is $1399 (US); and 38 mm Double Buckle Cuff is $1499 (US) from select Apple Stores and select Hermès stores, specialty stores and department stores.
- Apple Watch Hermès will be available beginning Friday, September 23 in Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Macau, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the UK and the US.
- Apple Watch Hermès Bands are sold separately and are available beginning Friday, September 16.** The Single Tour Band is $339 (US), Double Tour is $489 (US) and Double Buckle Cuff is $689 (US).