Capcom has announced it will be bringing the six original 8-bit Mega Man games to iOS and Android devices in early January. This will mark the first time all six of the original 8-bit games in the franchise have been available on mobile devices.
These lovingly-crafted adaptations will remind long-time fans and introduce newcomers to what made the Blue Bomber such a popular and iconic character. Each game has been optimized for the mobile devices with adjustments to game speed.
Capcom says each game will be optimized for the mobile devices, offering adjustments to game speed. Each game will be available separately for $1.99 each. No word on if Capcom plans on also offering all six games in a bundle.
The games include:
- Mega Man® Mobile – The evil Dr. Wily must be stopped in this classic action platformer, the original Mega Man!
- Mega Man® 2 Mobile – Dr. Wily resurfaces to threaten the world again! Only Mega Man can stand in his way.
- Mega Man® 3 Mobile – Fight berserk robots on uncharted planets. Mega Man must set a course for space to resolve this mysterious crisis.
- Mega Man® 4 Mobile – A year has passed since Mega Man’s battle in space. A new enemy appears — Dr. Cossack.
- Mega Man® 5 Mobile – Manic robots cause chaos in the city. How is Proto Man involved? Only Mega Man can find out!
- Mega Man® 6 Mobile – The Global Robot Alliance is formed, but this newfound peace is threatened by a new foe — the enigmatic Mr. X!