Google has updated its Google Photos app for iOS to include AirPlay support. This means users can now stream photos and videos to their HDTV via Apple TV.
The new functionality comes nearly two years after the app’s original launch. While users could previously view their Google photos on an Apple TV, it required third-party apps. This marks the first time users can stream their photos and videos directly to an Apple TV via the Google Photos app.
Other features of the app include:
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com – your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them – no tagging required.
• BRING PHOTOS TO LIFE: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get new albums with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste data texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day.
• CAST: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast support.
Google Photos is free, and is available for iOS devices in the App Store. [GET IT HERE]