The popular Wyze lineup of budget-priced 1080p HD smart home cameras has gained compatibility with Amazon’s Alexa virtual assistant.
Unfortunately for buyers of the original Wyze Cam, the new feature is only available as a firmware update for the newer Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan models.
Once the latest firmware has been installed on your Wyze Cam, you can instruct your Echo Show, Echo Spot, Fire TV 4K, or the new Fire TV Cube to show you the video feed from any of your Wyze Cams. The Amazon Fire Stick is currently not compatible with Wyze Cams, but the company says they’re working on it.
To set everything up, do the following:
- Set up your Wyze camera in the Wyze app
- Update your camera’s firmware to the latest version (via the Wyze app)
- Enable the Wyze skill in your Alexa account using the Alexa app, asking Alexa to “enable Wyze skill,” or through alexa.amazon.com. You will be prompted to enter your Wyze username & password to authorize Alexa to connect to your camera(s)
- Go to your Alexa-enabled device and say “Alexa, discover my devices”
- Say any of the following to view your Wyze camera’s stream:
- “Alexa, show me [Camera Name]”
- “Alexa, show my [Camera Name]”
- “Alexa, show me the [Camera Name]”
- “Alexa, show [Camera Name]”
- Say either of the following to stop viewing your Wyze camera’s stream:
- “Alexa, stop”
- “Alexa, go home”