Pixelmator Pro 1.2 Quicksilver has been released. The update to the Pixelmator Pro image editor for Mac brings support for macOS Mojave, Core ML-powered automatic photo enhancement, batch image processing via the Automator app, and much more.
The new ML Enhance feature in Pixelmator Pro automatically enhances photos – balancing the colors, evening out exposure, and making changes to individual color ranges – to give you the best starting point for making your own creative edits to a photo. Powered by Core ML and developed using a carefully refined set of millions of professional photos, the machine learning algorithm analyzes photos to detect the objects they contain, then enhances their colors and brings out missing details, leaving the final creative touches to the user.
The update also brings the option to use a gorgeous light appearance, giving users an entirely new way to experience Pixelmator Pro. In addition, Pixelmator Pro 1.2 Quicksilver includes a refreshed, much more native dark appearance, so the app now adapts seamlessly to the light and dark modes in macOS Mojave. And with automatic switching, Pixelmator Pro instantly updates to match the current appearance of macOS.
The update also adds Automator support alongside five powerful actions that offer batch processing for images using the Pixelmator Pro tools.
The Auto Enhance Images action uses the new ML Enhance feature to automatically improve photos, Auto White Balance Images automatically corrects white balance, Apply Color Adjustments to Images and Apply Effects to Images makes every single color adjustment and effect in Pixelmator Pro available in Automator, and Change Type of Images makes it a breeze to convert batches of images from one file format to another. So now, working with large sets of images and making repetitive edits becomes effortless.
The full set of new features, updates, and bug fixes include the following:
Pixelmator Pro 1.2 Quicksilver adds full support for macOS Mojave, includes a gorgeous new light appearance, Core ML-powered automatic photo enhancement, batch processing via Automator, and more.
• Pixelmator Pro is now fully compatible with macOS Mojave.
• A gorgeous new light appearance lets you experience Pixelmator Pro in a whole new way — change appearance any time in Pixelmator Pro preferences.
• Use ML Enhance to automatically improve the look of any photo using a machine learning algorithm trained on millions of professional photos.
• Batch process images using five powerful Pixelmator Pro actions in the Automator app — Apply Color Adjustments to Images, Apply Effects to Images, Auto Enhance Images, Auto White Balance Images, and Change Type of Images.
• Create even richer, more vibrant graphics and designs with colorful SVG fonts — the Gilbert Color font is included with this update.
• Thanks to support for the Continuity Camera, you can now take pictures using your iPhone and have them instantly appear in the Pixelmator Pro document you’re editing.
• The Pixelmator Pro interface has been refined to more closely match the look of macOS in both light and dark mode.
• Accent color support means the buttons and sliders in Pixelmator Pro will now match your preferences.
• You can now change the color of the Pixelmator Pro window background in Pixelmator Pro preferences.
• The Pixel Paint tool now has an Eraser Mode.
• After hiding and showing the Pixelmator Pro Tool Options pane, certain buttons would not be updated when using the Arrange tool. Fixed,
• When scrolling inside the brush size text field to resize the retouching and distort tools, the ratio between the brush size and scroll speed was incorrect. Fixed.
• When opening images with no PPI information, the PPI will now be set at 72 by default, rather than 150.
• Closing a document while using the Quick Selection tool would occasionally cause Pixelmator Pro to quit unexpectedly. Fixed.
• The Color Selection tool was not working correctly in all images. Fixed.
Pixelmator Pro 1.2 Quicksilver for macOS is available for $29.99 in the Mac App Store. [GET IT HERE]