Toyota announced on Friday that its all-new 2020 Toyota Prius lineup in the United States will feature support for Apple’s CarPlay and Amazon’s Alexa as standard features.
CarPlay will be included in the standard features list of the Prius, so it won’t cost customers any extra to take advantage of Apple’s in-car infotainment enhancements. The CarPlay implementation across all Toyota vehicles will be in the wired format.
Other new features of the 2020 Prius lineup include:
- New 5th seat for even more room
- Standard Apple CarPlay®, SiriusXM® and Amazon Alexa compatibility
- Two additional 2.1A USB ports for the rear passengers
- Black interior accents to replace previous white accents for a more premium feel
- A new sun visor extender
- A relocation of seat heater buttons for front seat passengers for easier usability
- New grade strategy that offers LE, XLE and Limited Grades
The 2020 Prius Prime will be available this summer, and the vehicle’s suggested retail price range will be $27,600, the XLE grade will be $29,500 and the Limited grade will be $33,500.
CarPlay is included with numerous Toyota vehicles, including the 2019 Avalon, 2019 Corolla Hatchback, 2019 Sienna, 2019 Camry, 2020 Tacoma, 2020 Tundra, 2020 Sequoia, 2020 Corolla, 2020 Yaris Hatchback, and 2020 Highlander.
Toyota also plans to retrofit 2018 Toyota Camry sedans and 2018 Toyota Sienna minivans to bring CarPlay to those vehicles. The retrofitting will require a visit to your Toyota dealer.