Apple on Tuesday updated iMovie for iOS to version 2.2.7, adding a number of new features to the popular video editing app for the iPhone and iPad.
New features include a new green screen effect that allows you to shoot videos in front of a green or blue screen and insert new backgrounds in the clip. The new green screen effect can be adjusted with a 4-point mask and strength slider.
The update also includes 80 new soundtracks in multiple genres, such as pop, chill, and sentimental, which can be adjusted to match the length of the movie.
•Transform your video with the new green screen effect that lets you instantly remove the background of clips shot in front of a green or blue screen
• Adjust the green screen effect with a 4-point mask and strength slider
• Choose from 80 new soundtracks in genres including pop, chill, and sentimental that automatically adjust to match the length of your movie
•Drop in still images with transparent backgrounds to use as logos or custom graphics on top of your video
• Add photos as overlays to create picture-in-picture and split-screen effects
• Choose to hide the border that surrounds picture-in-picture and split-screen effects
• Instantly return to the edit screen of your project when switching back to iMovie from other applications
• ClassKit support lets students deliver video assignments to teachers using the Schoolwork app
• For users with videos in iMovie Theater, the Theater window is now accessible from the ••• menu at the bottom of the Projects screen
• Sharing to iMovie Theater is no longer supported; save your movies and trailers to iCloud Photos to watch them on other devices including Apple TV
• Resolves an issue that could lead to a black viewer when previewing your video fullscreen on an external display
iMovie for iOS version 2.2.7 is a free download for the iPhone and iPad, from the App Store. [GET IT HERE]