Netflix on Tuesday announced the debut of several new parental controls, including a feature that allows parents and other users to add a PIN to their profile to prevent their profile from being accessed by other viewers.
Setting a PIN is accomplished by opening the account settings and scrolling down to the Profile and Parental Controls section. here, users can enable the “Profile Lock” feature. They’ll be asked for the account’s password and then will be allowed to create a four-digit PIN. Setting a PIN can be done either through the Netflix app or on the Netflix website.
Other parental controls were also added, including:
- Tailor their kids Netflix experience by filtering out titles that are not appropriate for their age. We’ve built these filters using country ratings so they are more intuitive.
- Remove individual series or films by title. When this filter is used, the blocked title(s) won’t show up anywhere in that profile.
- Easily review each profile’s setting using the “Profile and Parental Controls” hub within account settings.
- See what their kids have been watching within the profile created for them.
- Turn off autoplay of episodes in kids’ profiles.