Apple will host a virtual event on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, and Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman has weighed in with his expectations for the event and the months to follow.
Gurman predicts the following debut at Tuesday’s event and over the next few months:
- 40mm and 44mm Apple Watch Series 6 models, featuring blood oxygen (SpO2) monitoring.
- A new low-end Apple Watch model.
- A new iPad Air with a similar all-screen design as recent iPad Pro models. However, the new iPad Air will not be powered by Apple’s latest A-series processors or be equipped with a higher refresh rate.
- Apple will announce its first Apple Silicon-powered Macs by November.
- Over-the-ear headphones and AirTags item trackers could debut by the end of the year.
- A smaller HomePod is in the works, but no release date has been specified.
Gurman also says Apple plans to debut its new 2020 iPhone lineup in October, rather than Tuesday’s event.
Apple’s event will take place on Tuesday, September 15, at 10 am Pacific Time. Stay tuned.