The update adds support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in the Republic of Korea and Russia, fixes an issue that prevented some users from unlocking their Mac with an Apple Watch, and more.
watchOS 7.1 can be installed on an Apple Watch Series 3 via the Watch app on the device’s attached iPhone. Go to “General” -> “Software Update” to install the new software. The Watch should have at least 50% battery life, be connected to a charger, and be in the range of the iPhone.
Apple’s full release notes for watchOS 7.1 can be seen below:
watchOS 7.1 contains new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
– Adds the ability to be notified when your headphone audio level could impact your hearing
– Adds support for the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later in the Republic of Korea and Russia
– Adds support for irregular heart rhythm notifications in the Republic of Korea and Russia
– Resolves an issue that prevented some users from unlocking a Mac with Apple Watch
– Fixes an issue where the screen may be dark on wrist raise for some Apple Watch Series 6 owners.
watchOS 7.1 is compatible with the Apple Watch Series 3 and later.