Apple on Thursday updated Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro, its professional-level video and audio editing apps to version 10.5 and 10.6, respectively. The new updates provide improved performance and compatibility with M1 Apple Silicon Macs.
The updates take advantage of the Apple Silicon Neural Engine, accelerating machine learning analysis for Smart Conform in Final Cut Pro.
Apple’s release notes for the Final Cut Pro X update are below:
– Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
– Accelerated machine learning analysis for Smart Conform using the Apple Neural Engine on Mac computers with Apple silicon
– Option to create a copy of your library and automatically transcode media to ProRes Proxy or H.264 at various resolutions
Apple’s release notes for the Logic Pro X update:
Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
– Adds the ability to control Step Sequencer using Logic Remote on your iPad or iPhone to create beats, bass lines, and melodic parts
– Supports all Novation Launchpad controllers
– Stability and performance improvements (edited)
All of the above software is available for download from the Mac App Store.