Apple today announced that its Apple Fitness+ subscription service will launch on Monday, December 14. The service will launch in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Ireland, and New Zealand The service provides workouts led by world-class trainers and underscored by motivating music from renowned artists.
“Being more active is one of the most important things we can do for our health, but we know choosing to work out can often be a challenge whether you’re very active or just getting started,” said Jay Blahnik, Apple’s senior director of Fitness Technologies. “We’re excited for Apple Fitness+ to bring together the metrics from Apple Watch, great music, and a diverse and inspiring trainer team — in a uniquely simple, easy-to-access way across Apple devices — to encourage our users to get fit and stay healthy.”
Apple Fitness+ intelligently incorporates metrics from Apple Watch for users to visualize right on their iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV, offering a first-of-its-kind personalized workout experience.
Fitness+ uses a custom recommendation engine, considers previously completed workouts, and intelligently suggests new options that match the workouts users select most often. It can also suggest fresh workouts to balance a user’s regular routine. Customers can also use an intuitive filtering tool to choose what is most important to them when looking for a workout, whether it’s the workout type, the trainer, the duration, or the music. Apple Music subscribers can save their favorite music from Fitness+ workouts for later listening.
- Fitness+ will be available as a subscription service for $9.99 (US) per month or $79.99 (US) per year.
- Fitness+ can be shared among up to six family members for the same price, making it easy for other Apple Watch users in the household to enjoy the service.
- Three months of Apple Fitness+ are included for customers who purchase Apple Watch Series 3 or later and one month of Fitness+ is included for existing Apple Watch users.
- Apple Fitness+ is included in the Apple One Premier plan, which, where available, also gives customers access to Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and 2TB of iCloud storage for $29.95 per month, and can be shared among up to six family members.
- Follow the Fitness+ trainer team at instagram.com/applefitnessplus.