Apple on Monday announced an update to its popular Clips video creation app. An all-new AR Spaces feature, powered by LiDAR on iPhone 12 Pro and iPad Pro models, allows creators to transform a space by adding immersive visual effects that map to the contours of a room and to easily be shared with anyone.
Clips version 3.1 adds AR Spaces effects and filters, including Prism, Confetti, Sparkles, and Stardust effects. The feature will be available on the rear camera for users with supported iPhone or iPad models.
What’s New in Version 3.1
• Add a new dimension to your videos with AR Spaces, an augmented reality feature that uses the LiDAR Scanner to create realistic effects that map to the contours of your room*
• Choose from seven AR Spaces including ribbons of rainbow light, celebratory confetti bursts, magical stardust, a pulsing dance floor, and more
• Record a friend with AR Spaces and watch how animated effects adapt to the person in the room
• Combine AR Spaces with text labels, stickers, and emoji to add even more personality to your videos
• When using Clips on iPad and mirroring to a second display, toggle between showing just your video or the entire interface
• Select multiple projects at once to quickly delete or duplicate them
• Edit text in posters and labels while in landscape orientation on iPhone
• Receive notifications when new stickers, posters, and effects are released in Clips
* AR Spaces require iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, or iPad Pro (2020 or later)