Apple today released iOS 14.7, marking the seventh major update to the operating system that came out in September 2020. The update comes two months after the launch of iOS 14.6.
iOS 14.7 update is available as an over-the-air update on eligible devices, in the Settings app. To access the new software, go to “Settings” -> “General” -> “Software Update.”
Everything new in the update can be found in Apple’s release notes for the updates:
iOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone:
– MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
– Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
– Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
– Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
– Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
– Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
– Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
– Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
– Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
iOS 14.7 may possibly be the last major update to iOS 14 as Apple begins to focus all of its attention on iOS 15, which is set to be released this fall.