The Pixelmator Team has released Pixelmator Pro 2.2. The new update brings full support for macOS Monterey and the new M1 Pro and M1 Max chips. It also brings 28 Shortcuts actions, as well as a new Split Comparison View, a new Bokeh effect, and more.
Pixelmator Pro 2.2 Carmel includes full support for macOS Monterey and the powerful new M1 Pro and M1 Max chips, adds 28 image editing actions to the new Shortcuts app, includes a Split Comparison view for easily comparing edits, and more.
• Pixelmator Pro is now fully compatible with and works great on macOS 12 Monterey.
• Thanks to support for the M1 Pro and M1 Max chips, Pixelmator Pro harnesses the full power of the fastest MacBook Pro devices ever.
• In the new Shortcuts app, you’ll find 28 powerful Pixelmator Pro actions, including ones featuring our machine learning-powered tools, actions for replacing text and images in documents, overlaying images, optimizing images for the web, and much more.
• To show you what Shortcuts can do, we’ve also included 6 very cool sample shortcuts – find those in our What’s New window.
• The new Split Comparison view lets you easily see an interactive split-screen view of any layer with and without edits applied to it.
• To turn on the slider, you can Option-click the Show Original button in the Tool Options pane when using the Color Adjustments, Effects, retouching, and reshaping tools.
• Or, you can force click your image while using the Color Adjustments and Effects tools.
• And, to always have access to the Split Comparison view, you can also add the new Compare button to the Pixelmator Pro toolbar by clicking View > Customize Toolbar.
• When inserting image layers using the FaceTime camera, these will now include portrait masks to make it easier to blur or remove backgrounds and add effects to your FaceTime photos.
• Use the new Bokeh blur effect to apply beautiful photographic blurs to images.
• Pixelmator Pro can now import .PHOTO files, so you can open images you’ve edited in Pixelmator Photo for iPad with your nondestructive edits preserved.
• Maximum brush spacing has been increased from 100% to 1000%.
• 16-bit images exported to PSD with the Optimize for Apple Pro Apps setting turned on were not being exported with 8-bit per channel color as they should. Fixed.
• Apply Color Adjustment Preset to Image: Applies a selected color adjustment preset to images.
• Apply Effect Preset to Image: Applies a selected effect preset to images.
• Apply LUT to Image: Applies a custom LUT to an image.
• Automatically Crop Image: Automatically crops images using the machine learning-powered ML Crop algorithm.
• Automatically Enhance Image: Automatically enhances the look of images using our ML Enhance algorithm.
• Convert Image: Converts the images into the specified image format.
• Crop Image to Aspect Ratio: Crops images to a specific aspect ratio, fitting the original image into the new ratio if necessary.
• Denoise Image: Automatically removes camera noise from images using our ML Denoise algorithm.
• Get Person Mask from Photo: Using a machine learning algorithm, this action returns a grayscale mask image from images that contain people.
• Increase Resolution of Image: Increases the resolution of images by 3 times using our ML Super Resolution algorithm.
• Match Colors of Images: Matches the colors of an image to those of a different image using the ML Match Colors algorithm.
• Optimize Image for Web: Optimizes images for use on the web.
• Overlay Image: Overlays an image on top of another with the selected blending and opacity settings.
• Remove Background from Portrait Photo: Using a machine learning-powered algorithm, this action removes the background from images that contain people.
• Replace Layer in Document: Replaces the specified image layer in layered documents with the image you specify while preserving all its nondestructive properties.
• Replace Text in Document: Replaces all instances of some text in layered documents with the text you specify.
• And 12 more that we couldn’t fit in this list!