Apple has announced its 2021 App Store Award recipients, recognizing the 15 best apps and games that “helped users tap into personal passions, discover creative outlets, connect with new people and experiences, and simply have fun.”
“The developers who won App Store Awards in 2021 harnessed their own drive and vision to deliver the best apps and games of the year — sparking the creativity and passion of millions of users around the world,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “From self-taught indie coders to inspiring leaders building global businesses, these standout developers innovated with Apple technology, with many helping to foster the profound sense of togetherness we needed this year.”
- iPhone App of the Year: Toca Life World, from Toca Boca
- iPad App of the Year: LumaFusion, from LumaTouch
- Mac App of the Year: Craft, from Luki Labs Limited
- Apple TV App of the Year: DAZN, from DAZN Group
- Apple Watch App of the Year: Carrot Weather, from Grailr
- iPhone Game of the Year: “League of Legends: Wild Rift,” from Riot Games
- iPad Game of the Year: “MARVEL Future Revolution,” from Netmarble Corporation
- Mac Game of the Year: “Myst,” from Cyan
- Apple TV Game of the Year: “Space Marshals 3,” from Pixelbite
- Apple Arcade Game of the Year: “Fantasian,” from Mistwalker
App Store Trend of the Year
In addition to recognizing the best apps and games on Apple devices, Apple’s global App Store editors name a Trend of the Year. The goal is to “identify a movement that had lasting impact on people’s lives, and to recognize the standout apps and games that met that moment.” This year’s top trend is “Connection.” This year’s trend winners brought people together in meaningful ways — while meeting social, personal, and professional needs for users around the world.
Read more about the 2021 App Store award winners in the Apple Newsroom.