Apple on Wednesday released Swift Playgrounds 4, the update to the company’s popular Swift Playgrounds app. The new version of the app allows iPhone and iPad apps to be created on an iPad, without requiring a Mac with Xcode.
Apple’s release notes for the update are below:
Swift Playgrounds 4.0 features:
– Build iPhone and iPad apps with SwiftUI right on your iPad (requires iPadOS 15.2 or later)
– App Store Connect integration lets you upload your finished app to the App Store
– App Preview shows live updates as you make changes to your app
– Full-screen preview lets you see your app edge-to-edge
– Smart, inline code suggestions help you write code quickly and accurately
– App Projects make it easy to move projects to Xcode and back
– Project-wide search finds results across multiple files
– Snippets Library provides hundreds of SwiftUI controls, symbols, and colors
– Swift Package support lets you include publicly-available code to enhance your apps
Apple has also released Swift Playgrounds 4 for the Mac, which supports Swift 5.5.