Apple on Tuesday seeded the second betas of iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 to developers. The second beta releases come two weeks after the initial betas.
Beta builds of iOS 15.4 and iPadOS 15.4 are available to developers through the Apple Developer Center or over the air on the devices with the proper configuration installed.
Updates in the iOS & iPadOS 15.4 Betas
- Signing in to an iPad is limited to apps in this beta.
New Feature in iOS & iPadOS 15.4 Beta 3
- You can now use Settings > Developer Settings > Run Throughput Test to view average results for ping packet loss, idle ping latency, and download and upload speeds. (81870452)
- On iOS and macOS, it’s possible to trigger taking a photo of a participant when in a Group FaceTime call. On iOS, this could occur when you tap the Grid button or the bottom-left corner of the screen. On macOS, this could occur when you click the Grid button or the top-right corner of the window. (88720303)
- The Health app crashes when you attempt to onboard the Blood Oxygen feature from within the app. (87617635)
Resolved in iOS & iPadOS 15.4 Beta 3
- Fixed: Error when attempting to add a EU Digital COVID Certificate from France, Ireland, or Singapore (88188243, 88157843)
- If Health sharing is skipped when setting up an Apple Watch for a family member, it can’t be enabled later. (87210981)
- Pairing of Thread accessories isn’t supported. (87959565)
- Matter accessories with multiple end points might be unreachable in the Home App. (86170578)
- Matter accessories may go to a “No Response” state after pairing with the Home App. (86497690)
Workaround: Remove the accessory from Home, reset the accessory, and add it back to Home. If the issue persists, remove your home hub from Home and re-add it. If the issue continues to persist, remove the home hub and create a new one.
- Adding a Matter accessory to a third-party app fails if an Apple Home doesn’t exist. (80341813)
Workaround: Launch the Home App and create a home hub first.
- Purchasing or downloading content again from the iTunes Store and TV app might fail on some devices. (86772291)
Workaround: Rebooting the device may resolve the issue.
- A conversation transcript won’t scroll after viewing a photo in QuickLook. (87855403)
Workaround: Back out of the conversation and then reopen it to restore scrolling.
- Emergency SOS “Call with 5 Presses” is disabled for all users outside of India to fix an issue that caused this setting to unintentionally default for some users. (86189447)
- In the Throughput Test results, the Idle Ping Latency is reported in incorrect units. For example, an actual ping latency of 123.32 ms is shown as 0.12 ms. (87599982)
- When testing with StoreKit Testing in Xcode, the following APIs don’t work in the simulator:
Code Redemption Sheet()
Queue Should Show Price Consent(_:)
Price Consent If Needed()
Workaround: Test these APIs using an iOS device.
As usual, MacTrast and Apple both warn users to not install any betas on their daily driver iPhone or iPad. Instead, only install betas on a device set aside for testing purposes. This is especially true when it’s an early beta of a new operating system.