iPadOS 15.6, released on Wednesday fixes an issue where some sixth-generation iPad mini tablets may fail to charge after being updated to the previous version of the iPad software, iPadOS 15.6.
iPadOS 15.6 was released on Wednesday alongside iOS 15.6, macOS 12.5, watchOS 8.7, tvOS 15.6, and HomePod software version 15.6.
The full release notes for iPadOS 15.6 show the following fixes and improvements.:
iPadOS 15.6 includes enhancements, bug fixes and security updates.
– TV app adds the option to restart a live sports game already in-progress and pause, rewind, or fast-forward
– Fixes an issue where Settings may continue to display that device storage is full even if it is available
– Fixes an issue that may cause braille devices to slow down or stop responding when navigating text in Mail
– Fixes an issue in Safari where a tab may revert back to a previous page
– Fixes an issue where iPad mini (6th generation) may not detect a charger or other USB-C accessory
Until you choose to update your iPad mini 6 to iPadOS 15.6, the temporary fix is to restart the device.