Apple today unveiled its new entry-level iPad, which features an all-screen design featuring a large 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display. The new iPad is powered by the A14 Bionic chip and features an updated Ultra Wide 12MP front camera located along the landscape edge of the iPad, as well as an updated 12MP back camera. The new iPad is available to order starting today, with availability in stores beginning Wednesday, October 26.
A USB-C port supports a wide range of accessories, while WiFi 6 brings even faster connections, and cellular models feature superfast 5G. An all-new Magic Keyboard Folio, designed specifically for the new iPad, provides an improved typing experience, a click-anywhere trackpad, and a two-piece design. The new tablet supports iPadOS 16 and the first-generation Apple Pencil.
The new iPad features an all-screen design in four finishes — blue, pink, yellow, and silver. The 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display extends to the edges of the device, providing more screen area for apps, games, and other iPad activities. The new display offers 2360×1640-pixel resolution, nearly 4 million pixels, 500 nits of brightness, and True Tone technology. The device’s Touch ID moves to the top button of the iPad.
“We’re so excited to bring the completely redesigned iPad to our most advanced iPad lineup ever,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “With a large 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display, powerful A14 Bionic chip, a first-ever landscape front camera, fast wireless connectivity, USB-C, and support for incredible accessories like the new Magic Keyboard Folio, the new iPad delivers more value, more versatility — and is simply more fun.”
The landscape Ultra Wide front camera with a 12MP sensor and 122-degree field of view supports Center Stage, which automatically pans and zooms to keep users in view as they move around. The upgraded 12MP Wide back camera on iPad delivers high-resolution photos and detailed 4K video with support for 240-fps slo-mo. Dual microphones are designed to work in unison with the cameras.
The new Magic Keyboard Folio delivers an improved typing experience with full-size keys and 1 mm of travel. For the first time, the keyboard will include a large trackpad and support for a click-anywhere experience and Multi-Touch gestures.
Pricing and Availability
- The new iPad is available to order starting today, October 18, at apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in 28 countries and regions, including the US, with availability in stores beginning Wednesday, October 26.
- Wi-Fi models of the new iPad are available with a starting price of $449 (US), and Wi-Fi + Cellular models start at $599 (US). The new iPad, in 64GB and 256GB configurations, comes in blue, pink, yellow, and silver.
- Apple Pencil (1st generation) is compatible with the new iPad. A new USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter is required for pairing and charging and is included in the box with a new version of Apple Pencil (1st generation) for $99 (US).
- For existing owners of Apple Pencil (1st generation), the USB-C to Apple Pencil Adapter is sold separately for $9 (US).
- The new Magic Keyboard Folio designed for the new iPad is available for $249 (US) and comes in white.
- The new Smart Folio designed for the new iPad is available for $79 (US) in white, sky, watermelon, and lemonade.
- iPad (9th generation) will remain in the iPad lineup. Wi-Fi models of iPad (9th generation) are available with a starting price of $329 (US), and Wi-Fi + Cellular models start at $459 (US), in silver and space gray finishes.
- Education pricing is available to current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as faculty, staff, and home-school teachers of all grade levels. Wi-Fi models of the new iPad are available with a starting price of $419 (US), the new Magic Keyboard Folio is available for $229 (US), and Apple Pencil (1st generation) is available for $89 (US). For more information visit apple.com/us-hed/shop.