The Pixelmator Team has released Pixelmator Pro 3.1 to the Mac App Store. The update brings support for macOS Ventura and the AVIF file format.
Other new features include a new, faster document-opening experience, and an all-new smooth corner style with options to adjust the radius of individual corners. The company added a few fixes to ML Super Resolution, template metadata, and exporting images.
Pixelmator Pro 3.1 is now fully compatible with the powerful new macOS Ventura, brings an ultra-fast Pixelmator Pro document opening experience, adds initial support for AVIF images, and introduces an all-new smooth corner style together with options for adjusting the radius of individual corners.
• Pixelmator Pro is now fully compatible with and works great on macOS 13 Ventura.
• Enjoy instant Pixelmator Pro document opening thanks to document loading performance improvements.
• With initial support for the AVIF file format, you can now open AVIF images in Pixelmator Pro.
• Use the all-new smooth corner style to create beautiful new shapes, including squircles.
• Easily adjust corner radius with handy on-canvas controls.
• Set the radius of shape corners individually.
• Adjust the radius of individual corners by Command-dragging a radius handle.
• In the template chooser, open Recents by pressing the Command-R keyboard shortcut.
• Thanks to the all-new Clear Recents button, you can now clear recent blank documents and recent templates from Recents.
• Track export progress with a new on-canvas progress indicator.
• The last used “Shrink text to fit” setting will now be remembered for new layers and documents.
• Template metadata would not contain the actual document creation date. Fixed.
• When exporting images at a 0.5x scale factor, certain text layers would occasionally disappear. Fixed.
• After using ML Super Resolution, some of the Export for Web settings would become unresponsive. Fixed.
Pixelmator Pro 3.1 is now available from the Mac App Store as a free update for existing users and $39.99 for new users.