Apple today released tvOS 16.2, the second major update to the tvOS 16 operating system since its September release.
The tvOS 16.2 update can be downloaded via the Settings app on the Apple TV by going to “System” -> “Software Update.” If you have automatic software updates turned on your Apple TV will be upgraded to tvOS 16 automatically.
What’s new in tvOS 16.2
tvOS 16.2 introduces a more personalized Siri experience and makes singing along with Apple Music even more fun.
- Get personalized recommendations, play your favorite music, and more at any time with Recognize My Voice support for up to six different family members. Try “What should I watch?” “Play my music,” or “Switch to my profile.”
- Set your Siri language to be different from the one your Apple TV displays. Go to Settings > General > Siri Language.
- Now includes language support for Danish in Denmark, French and German in Luxembourg, and English in Singapore to help you find shows, music, and more using just your voice.
- Sing along to your favorites with beat-by-beat, real-time lyrics.
- Control the vocal volume on millions of songs with Apple TV 4K (3rd generation).