Apple today unveiled the new Mac mini, powered by M2 and the all-new M2 Pro. The mini has a new lower starting price of just $599. Mac mini with M2 features an 8-core CPU with four high-performance and four high-efficiency cores, along with a 10-core GPU.
- Up to 22x faster machine learning (ML) image upscaling performance in Pixelmator Pro.
- 9.8x faster complex timeline rendering in Final Cut Pro.
- Up to 2.4x faster ProRes transcode in Final Cut Pro.
- Up to 50 percent faster filter and function performance in Adobe Photoshop.
- Up to 35 percent faster gameplay in Resident Evil Village.
M2 Pro brings pro-level performance to Mac mini for the first time. Featuring up to a 12-core CPU with eight high-performance cores and four high-efficiency cores, along with up to a 19-core GPU, M2 Pro has 200GB/s of memory bandwidth — double the amount in M2 — and supports up to 32GB of memory. The next-generation Neural Engine is 40 percent faster than M1, speeding up ML tasks like video analysis and image processing.
The new Mac mini with M2 and M2 Pro are available for pre-order today and will begin shipping next Tuesday, January 24.