Apple on Monday released iOS 16.3, the third major update to the iOS 16 operating system. The new version comes a bit more than one month after the public release of iOS 16.2.
iOS 16.3 can be downloaded on compatible iPhones over the air by going to “Settings” -> “General” -> “Software Update.” You may want to wait a day or so to download the new update, as things could be slow, due to high demand.
Apple’s full release notes are as follows:
- New Unity wallpaper honors Black history and culture in celebration of Black History Month
- Security Keys for Apple ID allow users to strengthen the security of their account by requiring a physical security key as part of the two-factor authentication sign-in process on new devices
- Support for HomePod (2nd generation)
- Emergency SOS calls now require holding the side button with the up or down volume button and then releasing in order to prevent inadvertent emergency calls
- Fixes an issue in Freeform where some drawing strokes created with Apple Pencil or your finger may not appear on shared boards
- Addresses an issue where the wallpaper may appear black on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue where horizontal lines may temporarily appear while waking up iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Fixes an issue where the Home Lock Screen widget does not accurately display Home app status
- Addresses an issue where Siri may not respond properly to music requests
- Resolves issues where Siri requests in CarPlay may not be understood correctly
Apple has also released iOS 15.7.3 for iPhone users with older devices, with the update offering security improvements.