Apple on Monday seeded the second release candidates of its iOS 16.5 and iPadOS 16.5 updates to developers. The new release candidates come close to a week after the first release candidates.
The developer RC builds are available to developers that opt into the betas by going to “Settings” -> “Software Update,” then tapping on the “Beta Updates” option and turning on the iOS 16 Developer Beta. An Apple ID associated with a developer account is required to download and install the beta.
Apple’s full release notes for the update are below.
This update includes the following enhancements and bug fixes:
– A new Pride Celebration wallpaper for the Lock Screen to honor the LGBTQ+ community and culture
– Sports tab in Apple News gives easy access to stories, scores, standings, and more, for the teams and leagues you follow
– My Sports score and schedule cards in Apple News take you directly to game pages where you can find additional details about specific games
– Fixes an issue where Spotlight may become unresponsive
– Addresses an issue where Podcasts in CarPlay may not load content
– Fixes an issue where Screen Time settings may reset or not sync across all devices
As usual, MacTrast and Apple both warn users not to install any betas or release candidates on their daily driver iPhone or iPad. Instead, only install them on a device set aside for testing purposes.