Apple has released Safari Technology Preview 177, the latest version of their developer preview web browser. The preview version of Apple’s popular browser offers developers and other interested users the ability to try out features that may or may not, debut in future public release versions of Safari.
Safari Technology Preview Release 177 is now available for download for macOS Sonoma beta and macOS Ventura. If you already have Safari Technology Preview installed, you can update it in System Settings under General → Software Update.
This release includes WebKit changes between: 266419@main…266623@main.
round()evaluation when the number is a multiple of the step (266504@main)
- Fixed computing the correct
- Fixed out-of-flow
<br>to not trigger a line break (266475@main)
- Fixed popover incorrectly auto-hiding when using shadow DOM (266457@main)
- Fixed fullscreen ready check to remove the hierarchy requirement (266426@main)
- Fixed videos disappearing when switching from landscape to portrait (266531@main)
- Fixed pausing media playback after suspending media playback to correctly pause after media playback is unsuspended (266590@main)
Array#spliceto skip result array creation if it is not used at all (266591@main)
- Fixed intermittent removal of
adoptedCSSStyleSheet instances when assigning an
- Fixed keyboard scroll not stopping after pressing the down arrow if
keyupis default prevented (266425@main)
windowwith OffscreenCanvas with an isolated world message listener (266465@main)
- Fixed non-accessible content within iframes with ARIA roles (266506@main)
- Fixed VoiceOver word echo on text inputs with a
enabledin favor of
Contact Editing Mode
While the preview is intended for use by developers and advanced users, in order to provide Apple with feedback on the development of the Safari browser, it can be run side-by-side with the release version of Safari. The app doesn’t require a developer account to download and install. For more information, visit the Safari Technology Preview website.