• Home
  • Apps
  • Hipstamatic 200 released – cool new features, win an iPhone 4

Hipstamatic 200 released – cool new features, win an iPhone 4

Hipstamatic 200 released – cool new features, win an iPhone 4
hipstamatic 200

Hipstamatic 200 is here, with great new features and 2 New HipstaPaks according to the official image above – but I could only find one!

UPDATE: Second Pak will be released on February the 17th – the Soho pak which will include the currently free Chunky Lens and Mr. Bling camera case, but also Blanko Noir film and Cano Cafenol film.

This is a very cool update, with some very clever functional updates and a beauty of a lens. Here’s the overview from the iTunes page:

• Quicksta Snap film queue system – as you shoot images are processed in the background, enabling you to rapid-fire up to nine images in a row without waiting for processing (requires iOS 4)
  • Camera Bag organization system – rearrange and disable lenses, flashes, and films, as well as specifying ones for shake-to-randomize
  • Improved HipstaMart, with shiny new FreePak products
  • New limited edition FreePak: Fashion FreePak (Chunky Lens and Fashionista Camera Case)
  • Other bug fixes and user interface refinements

The most exciting part of this update for me is the queueing of snaps – so you can now take up to nine shots without waiting for each one to process – the images will process in the background nice counter to show how many images are queued for processing. This is a fairly huge improvement, and one that will ease a lot of frustration.

Regardless of confusion around how many Hipstapaks or lenses are actually available with this update,  the Chunky is definitely available and was developed with the help of GQ fashion photographer Chiun-Kai Shih. It’s available free now, but later will be added to a forthcoming Hipstapak called Soho.

To get the Chunky Lens, tap on the shopping cart icon under the lens side of your Hipstamatic and then tap on Mac & Milk Fashion FreePak to download it.  This will add the Chunky Lens and the Fashionista Camera case to your Hipstamatic. Looks like a nice lens too, I’ve only messed with it, but I can see myself using it a lot. See some shots taken with the lens here (slightly NSFW)

The update also includes another very cool feature – the “Camera Bag organisation system”, which allows you to choose what lenses, flashes and film you want available when using the camera, as well as choose what is included in the shake to randomise feature.

Improved HipstaMart – not sure what the Hipstamart improvements are – anyone know? The iTunes page says “shiny new FreePak products” but I have no idea what they are… anyone know?

The release of this update coincides with the iPhone coming to Verizon and to celebrate Hipstmatic are going to give away an iPhone 4. You need to be on Twitter to enter – to enter go to the giveaway page and follow the instructions at the bottom of the page. You need to follow Hipstamatic on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway.

The tweet they ask you to put out there is:

To celebrate the launch of the Hipstamatic 200 @hipstamatic is giving away a Verizon iPhone 4! Retweet&follow to enter! http://bit.ly/dEo6P0

Once you’ve tweeted you have to click the ‘verify’ button, give it a minute before verifying,

Got any cool photos taken with the Chunky lens? Link to them in the comments – I wanna see!!!