• Home
  • iPhone
  • White iPhone 4? Who Cares When The iPhone 5 Is Coming.

White iPhone 4? Who Cares When The iPhone 5 Is Coming.

White iPhone 4? Who Cares When The iPhone 5 Is Coming.

White iPhone 4

What do the Loch Ness Monster, The Yeti, the white iPhone 4, and a decent MP3 player from Microsoft have in common?

None of them exist!

The iPhone 4 was released on the 24th of June but it seems that Steve Jobs is the only person that has held a white iPhone 4, albeit on stage at the WWDC. The release date for the white iPhone is Spring 2011 but with the likely summer (or early winter) release of the iPhone 5, how likely is that a white iPhone 4 will ever make it to the market?

To date, the white iPhone has suffered from color and paint issues and the Digitimes (via MacStories) is reporting that Wintek have been selected by Apple to “be the sole touch panel supply for the white iPhone 5”.

Will we see a white iPhone 4 before the iPhone 5? I doubt it. It doesn’t make sense when the iPhone range is so close to an update.

But what’s the point in a white iPhone anyway?  It looks like a throwback to the old white Macbook range. Why are Apple persisting with the idea of a white iPhone when their current range of gear look so sexy in black and metallic?

Apple – please make a sexy Black & Silver/Metallic version of the iPhone 5 and kill off the idea of a white iPhone 4 (or any white iPhone for that matter).

(P.S. – I own a white 3GS iPhone and I love it! – make sense of that!)