• Home
  • News
  • One Man's Quest For Digital Simplicity

One Man's Quest For Digital Simplicity

One Man's Quest For Digital Simplicity

Daniel Feeney of Kentucky just wanted to keep things simple.  He became frustrated with the over-complicated nature of his technological world, and decided to take the leap, and investigate ways to control his technology, keeping it neat, simple, and clutter free. 

Mr. Feeney writes:

Stress is something I am prone to. There are a million and one things going through my head at once and the only way for me to get them out is to act on them. The key, I have found, is to simplify my electronic life. I found that less is more, and the more I have to manage, the more stressed I become.

Devices are the preeminent, most stressful part of my life. I hate, I repeat, hate having too many devices. This includes TVs, iPods, and Macs.

While this may seem counter-intuitive to some of you who might be gadget collectors, or who might simply think that these gadgets improve your life, so the more the merrier, I rather think that Mr. Feeney has an interesting point here.  The goal is not to give up on technology, but to simplify it – to tame it, train it, and make it work for you in the most efficient way.

Mr. Feeney goes on to describe the steps he took to declutter his digital world, and I think he provides some really great suggestions.  Give it a read and let us know what you think of Mr. Feeney’s journey.

Source