I’ve been using Reeder for a while, and consider it to be the best RSS app on the App Store. This morning, the app got even better with the release of Reeder 3.0, which adds a number of new features, interface enhancements, and more to improve the experience ever further.
The update been nearly 9 months in the making. Fortunately, it looks like it has been worth the wait. Everything from the redesigned icon, to multiply account support, a number of new gestures, and more make this a solid update that’s sure to please.
Indeed, the entire app has been rewritten from scratch, and nothing was overlooked – even the icon got a gorgeous new design! The full list of changes can be found below. Reeder 3.0 is available immediately for $2.99 in the App Store (link), and as always, is a free update for existing Reeder users.
For more information on Reeder 3.0, check out the extremely detailed review over at MacStories!
What’s New in Version 3.0
– Fever syncing (http://feedafever.com)
– Much improved Readability syncing
– Multi-Account support (for Google Reader and Fever)
– In-app settings
– Subscribe and unsubscribe (Google Reader only)
– Text size and line height options in the article viewer
New sharing services:
– QUOTE.fm (http://quote.fm)
– Buffer (http://bufferapp.com)
Gestures, article list:
– Swipe right/left to toggle unread/starred (configurable for both directions)
– Two-finger swipe up/down to mark as read above/below
Gestures, article viewer:
– Swipe right to go back to article list
– Swipe left to open in-app browser
– Pinch-to-zoom for images
– Pinch to toggle Readability