Have you upgraded your iPhone to iOS 11 and now you can’t find the Auto-Brightness switch? It’s still there, it’s just hidden a bit.
How To Find Your iPhone’s Auto-Brightness Switch in iOS 11
In previous versions of iOS, the Auto-Brightness toggle switch could be found in the “Display & Brightness” menu.
Now, you just need to dig just a bit deeper into the menu layers.
- Go into your iPhone’s “Settings” app.
- Tap the “General” menu item.
- Tap the “Accessibility” menu item in the “General” menu.
- Tap the “Display Accommodations” menu item in the “Accessibility” menu.
- You find the “Auto-Brightness” toggle switch in the “Display Accommodations” menu.
- Toggle to your heart’s content.
As you probably already know (and as Apple warns you in this menu), “Turning off auto-brightness may affect battery life.” So, keep that in mind. But hey, you be you.
For more tips and tricks that can help you make better use of your Mac, iOS device, Apple Watch, or Apple TV, be sure to visit the “How To” section of our website.