iPhone App Will Unlock Your Door

iPhone App Will Unlock Your Door

Fast forward to 10 year’s time. A time when we will all have blue hair, flying skateboards, and keys will be obsolete.

The Lockitron (best name ever) is a smart phone app that lets you lock and unlock doors and will usher in the end of the key.

Lockitron uses a plug server and ethernet cable tied to an electronic lock to open and close doors. Lockitron also supports NFC (near field communication) – a technology rumored to be coming to the iPhone that caters for short distance communication between devices.

The Lockitron will set you back between $295 and $500, will host your keys in the cloud, and will allow you to create keys to share with your friends and family.

Welcome to the future! A future where instead of worrying about loosing your keys, you will worry about loosing your iPhone and getting locked out… of everything!

Topics

1. Dave Hawkins says:

brilliant piece of technology but if your battery dies…then you may be stuck!! or just need a battery pack ad-on

1. Anonymous says:

The locks will still support a traditional key. But yes, it is a bit worrying to be so dependent on batteries.

We will probably all have nuclear battery packs in a few years anyway. So I don’t foresee much trouble with devices loosing power. You would only have to worry about blowing yourself and everyone else up.

2. Anonymous says:

2. Matt Ferguson says:

This isn’t new technology, for home or business. For example Bosch AccessEZ access control equipment is all web based and you can set permissions, schedules, user levels, etc. Regardless of the App or head-end equipment it will cost you more than $500 per door. I install these systems professionally and, with installation (wiring concealed within door frame,) the cost is upwards of $1,000 – $1,500 per door. $300 – $500 per door is conservatively the cost of equipment necessary for installation. This is not something I would recommend average Joe Homeowner to install on their own, improper installation could result in completely unsecured entry points, regardless of whether of the location of the homeowner’s keys or iPhone. Great technology, but consult a professional regarding proper installation. @theferginator

3. 983632 714279Some truly nice stuff on this internet web site , I enjoy it. 871679

4. joja87 says:

93944 363767Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything in this way before. So good to uncover somebody with some original tips on this subject. realy appreciate starting this up. this outstanding website is something that is needed over the internet, a person if we do originality. valuable function for bringing something new towards the web! 614562

5. 609989 101613Properly written articles like yours renews my faith in todays writers. Youve written info I can finally agree on and use. Thank you for sharing. 775732

6. 8616 357177This really is a terrific site, could you be interested in performing an interview about just how you developed it? If so e-mail me! 188999

7. see here says:

776849 281922I conceive this internet website contains some rattling great info for everybody : D. 959784

8. brooke18.com says:

922109 425399I was reading some of your content on this internet site and I feel this internet internet site is genuinely informative! Maintain putting up. 297845

9. 672976 492442Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he just bought me lunch as I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! 99950