• OS X

Poll: Lion’s Reverse Scrolling – Yah or Ney?

Poll: Lion’s Reverse Scrolling – Yah or Ney?

It’s a little under a week since OS X Lion suddenly leaped onto our Macs and sunk its teeth into Snow Leopard. Thankfully the transition wasn’t as messy as say, oh, I dunno,…. a real Lion attacking a Snow Leopard.

Lion’s arrival brought it with nearly 250 enhancements. One of those enhancements is the controversial reverse scroll. Reverse scrolling has spun the world on its head, literally. The world we now live in is a topsy turby one where scrolling up brings you up (kinda) and down brings you down (also kinda).

Wait… is that right? Should I say scrolling up brings you down, and down brings you… aaarrgh! Either way, things are different now that Lion is in charge.

What do you make of Apple trying to switch the mouse experience in OS X? Vote below and have your say.

Ed – looks like the poll isn’t properly working in Safari and Chrome. If you click on an answer and click Vote – your vote will be cast.

If you’re not happy with the reverse scroll in Lion; it’s easy to switch back. Simply visit your System Preferences and enter either your Mouse or Trackpad settings and untick the setting.

Topics

1. Oh ho. Looks like the poll isn’t properly working in Safari and Chrome. If you click on an answer and click Vote – your vote will be noted.

2. Cgallagher says:

Hate the reverse scrolling. Didnt really give it a chance though to be fair!

3. Cgallagher says:

Hate the reverse scrolling. Didnt really give it a chance though to be fair!

1. Cormac Moylan says:

I like it. I have switched back and forth between normal and reverse scrolling and it hasn’t been an issue. It’s better on a trackpad than a mouse though.

Might buy me a trackpad – I like the look of them.

4. Cgallagher says:

Hate the reverse scrolling. Didnt really give it a chance though to be fair!

5. Philip Jan says:

i also feel lion is a lot slower than snow leopard. My track pad sucks now 🙁

6. Josh McDade says:

I use a Windows, Linux, OSX (MacBook /w trackpad, and iMac with a magic mouse), and iOS each daily.  I thought I would hate the reverse scrolling after all I read, but I find it quite intuitive (unlike most) on a *trackpad*.  On the magic mouse, the normal scrolling is more natural.  But overall, for the trackpad, I like it and have no problems switching between the normal scrolling and reverse scrolling.

7. John Slade says:

Yah for trackpad, ney for mouse. Reverse scrolling is fine for me except for when scrolling with a mouse scroll wheel. It would be nice to have settings for trackpad or mouse to disable or enable, instead of having the setting affect both trackpad and mouse.