• iOS

10-Year-Old Girl Discovers iOS And Android Gaming Exploit

10-Year-Old Girl Discovers iOS And Android Gaming Exploit

A clever 10-year-old girl going by the pseudonym “CyFi” has uncovered a new exploit in mobile games for iOS and Android. The exploit is time-based, and lets you achieve time-based advances in mobile games by simply turning the clock ahead on your iOS device.

Reportedly tired of waiting for crops to grow in a popular iOS farming game, she simply turned the clock ahead on her device and was able to immediately harvest what she planted..

The young hacker presented this info to DefCon Kits – a part of the popular DefCon hackig conference dedicated to the young and developing hacker. Names of specific games will not be released, and developers are said to be working on implementing a fix.

Pretty awesome stuff!

1. Rock on, little woman!

2. Anonymous says:

Uhh, we already knew those exploits.

1. Jimprof2352 says:

Did we? Didn’t know you spoke for everyone… 😉

I didn’t know about it.

3. Ben_costello says:

This is nothing new!! I’ve been doing this since the original release of Fish Tycoon. That was YEARS AGO. I got the idea from an online forum. Nice try — but this is nothing that we haven’t seen before.

4. PleaseEnterMyNameHere says:

But that’s nothing special. Doesn’t everybody do this?
    I’m using this “hack” for years now. Why did nobody write about me? ;D

5. Thomas Whittle says:

while i am happy for her and everything i have been using that ‘hack’ for ages and its on forums all over the place

6. Gepochai says:

i’ve been using it for smurfs … and it started making the game really boring so i stopped playing it all together..

7. This website was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I’ve found something which helped me. Appreciate it!