Autodesk, developers of AutoCAD LT, SketchBook Pro and other apps on the Mac App Store have just released a new free app, Motion FX (Free, App Store Link), which allows users to apply a variety of real-time special effects to videos.
In addition, the app can grab live video from either your Mac’s built-in FaceTime camera or an external camera. Once the app has captured your video, simply select your favorite effect and Motion FX will visually transform your video into something amazing.
You can also create particularly cool videos by recording your own movement using your Mac’s built-in camera, and the app utilizes OS X Lion’s new Face Tracking, allowing you to eliminate effects from any or all faces in your video.
The app features real-time video technology from Autodesk’s own Maya video editing and altering software. Further, 5 different video modes exist within the app:
– Motion Detect: Effects are created based on motion detected by your computer’s camera
– Face Detect: Emit effects from all visible faces
– Color Detect: Choose the color to emit effects from the video feed
– Effect Paint: Paint effects using your mouse or trackpad
– Video Warp: Warp live video using your mouse or trackpad
Motion FX is available now, is completely free, and can be obtained through the Mac App Store. Autodesk has also recently begun offering AutoCAD LT on the Mac App Store for $899.99 (Mac App Store Link). Check out the below video to get a better idea about Motion FX.