Apple has just released an update for iPhoto ’11, bringing the version number up to v9.2.1, and correcting an issue with iCloud, as well as a codec issue causing crashing and import errors for certain customers.
The issue mainly occurred on Macs that had the software for the Flip digital video recorder installed, and was able to patch the issue without removing the codec. The update is available through both Software Update and the Mac App Store. We’ll provide a direct download link here as soon as it becomes available.
The official change log is as follows:
What’s New in Version 9.2.1
• Addresses an issue that could cause iPhoto to quit unexpectedly on Macs with the 3ivxVideoCodec plug-in installed
Included in version 9.2
• Addresses compatibility with iCloud and iOS 5
• Left and right swipe gestures can now be used to navigate between photos in Magnify (1-up) view
• Previously imported photos are now displayed in a separate section of the Import window
• Book/calendar themes and card categories can now be selected using a pop-up menu in the carousel view
• Resolves an issue that could cause some pages of books to print incorrectly
• Rebuilding a library now correctly preserves saved slideshows and books
This update is recommended for all users of iPhoto ’11.