Apple has just released iOS 5.0.1, which addresses iOS 5’s battery life issues, adds multitasking gestures for the 1st-gen iPad and more, improves Australian speech recognition and more. The update is available now through iTunes, or as an over-the-air update.
The update comes just one week after Apple acknowledged battery issues in iOS 5, and carries a build number of 90A405. The update is compatible with iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPad, and the 3rd and 4th generation iPod touch.
This update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
– Fixes bugs affecting battery life
– Adds Multitasking Gestures for original iPad
– Resolves bugs with Documents in the Cloud
– Improves voice recognition for Australian users using dictation
Direct links to the firmware for each eligible device are below:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 2 (Wifi, AT&T & Verizon)
- iPod touch 3rd gen
- iPod touch 4th gen