Twitter has released a new update for their iPhone app, bringing back a number of popular features removed in their redesign, as well as improving the sharing menu and updating the design for Direct Messages.
From the Twitter Blog:
Twitter for iPhone
- Copy and paste: We’ve returned the ability to copy and paste the text of Tweets and user profiles. Just press and hold to copy.
- Link love: The “share” feature used to just give you the option to copy or email a link to a Tweet. Now, if there’s a link within a Tweet, you’ll see the option to tweet, copy or mail that link, or you can choose to read it later. (Select a “Read Later Service” under Settings > Advanced.)
- Pressing and holding links provides similar options, along with the ability to open the link in Safari.
- Direct messages: We updated the design for Direct Messages and returned the ability to mark all DMs as read. Simply tap the check mark in the lower right corner.
- Font size settings: Change the font size under Settings > Advanced.
I’m especially excited to see the return of swipe-to-reveal. I’ve missed this very much ever since they removed it, and use it very frequently. The updated Twitter client is available now as a free download through the App Store (free, App Store link).