It’s only hours until the main event at WWDC and the rumors are building up, including this one that we could be seeing new Macbook Airs with 4GB of RAM as standard and even configurable to 8GB, 9to5Mac reports. The leaked model numbers have also shown that the high end 13 inch Macbook Air will get a 512GB SSD, which will give huge storage boost over 256GB.
Here are the 11.6 inch specs:
- Base Model: MD223LL/A – MBA 11.6/1.7/4/64FLASH-USA
- Better: MD224LL/A – MBA 11.6/1.7/4/128FLASH-USA
- High End: MD845LL/A – MBA 11.6/2.0/8/256FLASH-USA
And the 13 inch specs:
- MD231LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/128FLASH-USA
- MD232LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/256FLASH-USA
- MD846LL/A – MBAIR 13.3/2.0/8/512FLASH-USA
The first number in bold supposedly represents the RAM, with the second number the Flash storage capacity. The drives themselves will also be apparently based on Samsung’s 830 series, which is lightning fast.
This is one of the first Macbook Air rumors to surface, so we’ll see if it coms true later today. Keep up with all the latest WWDC news here.