Are you getting a “Can’t Connect to iTunes Store” error? Many are, but there’s an easy way to fix it.
The problem occurs when you open Passbook, and you tap the App Store button to see what apps support Passbook. Many folks (including me) got an “Can’t connect to iTunes Store” error. (Those same folks probably didn’t hear sad trombone in their heads when this happened, but I did.)
Here’s a fix for the problem that appeared in the Apple Support Communities, and other sites throughout the web. Just follow the steps, and the problem should vanish.
- Open Settings.
- Open General.
- Open Date & Time.
- Switch the Set Automatically setting to Off.
- Open Set Date & Time.
- Set the date to a year ahead.
- Go back to the Home screen and open Passbook.
- Tap the App Store button. The App Store should load.
- Go back to Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically.
Apple will probably correct the problem, but if you follow the steps above, it’ll take care of the problem now, and hopefully you’ll be able to access the iTunes Store and find some Passbook compatible apps.