There has been a flurry of activity recently from Rovio, from the launch of the Bad Piggies game to the announcement of a Star Wars themed Angry Birds. However today sees the release of something a bit more unlike them: an interactive cookery book. Available via the App Store, Bad Piggies Best Egg Recipes offers 41 egg based recipes which are fully interactive and animated.
Also included are step by step photo instructions as well as a real egg timer to keep an eye on cooking times. Of course, social media integration and sharing is also built in.
The app (or book) was unveiled at the Frankfurt Book Fair. Here’s what the Angry Birds CMO Peter Vesterbacka had to say:
Look at the implications of Rovio getting into the book business. With ‘Angry Birds’ the game, we have built the biggest distribution format on the planet, with more than 1 billion downloads. For us, it’s very, very easy and very fast to cross-promote the book in all our games.
We’re not looking thousands or tens of thousands of downloads. We’re looking for millions of downloads of this book…We’re going for massive, massive volume.
And while there was a paper book version released last year, Vesterbacka said that the app version is ‘not just a book’.
I don’t like eggs, so I’ll pass on this, but if I was an egg lover it would be a real treat. If that’s you, I’d give it a download.
– 41 delicious egg recipes
– Animated illustrations that brings the birds and pigs to life
– Step-by-step photo instructions
– Funny and surprising photos of the finished recipes (those piggies are at it again!)
– Social media integration and built-in album to share photos of your creations
– Real egg timer built into the app
– Full index for quick and easy access to your favorite recipes
– Easy virtual bookmarks for your favorite recipes
– Option to switch between metric and imperial units
It’s on promotion at $0.99 for a limited time only, after which it will be $4.99. You can download it here.
Check out the presentation of the app at the Frankfurt Book Fair below: