Twitter released a significant update to their iOS app today, bringing the version up to 5.6, and adding location-based trends, the ability to browse trends based on interest, improved playback of Vine videos, and a few other minor changes, improvements, and adjustments.
From the App Store change log:
What’s New in Version 5.6
See what’s happening near you or around the world by viewing Trends in hundreds of locations.
• Invite friends to join Twitter from within the app
• Improved playback of Vine videos
• Replies to retweeted Tweets now include both the author and person who retweeted the Tweet
• Enjoy a smoother experience due to bug fixes and other improvements.
All in all, it looks like a solid (albeit minor) update – and the location-based trend viewing should come in handy for lots of folks that want to know what Twitter users are talking about in their local area. The update, as always, is available as a free download from the App Store.
- Twitter for iOS 5.6 (free, direct link).